Good Morning US Members,
My apologies for not updating sooner, as I was under the weather.
I have several important things to relay, so please bear with me.
First, I want to thank the EC staff for putting on one hell of a convention. ECLIPSE rocked.
That being said, here we go:
1. The US NST Addenda Q & A went off really well. There was a ton of positive feedback and information exchanged. It’s going to take a few days to release this because the video recorder’s battery died and the last few minutes are being transcribed. We also had some members asking to be edited out so as to not appear on youtube. This will take some time.
2. AANST Assamites: I have conferred with Todd Branch and after some discussion, I feel that this position would be best handled by a member outside the US. As such, Dawn Lloyd, the GIR NST will be taking charge of this global project.
3. ANST OWoD Darkness: I want to thank all of the members who submitted applications. I have chosen Anthony C to fill this position due to his background with the Global Office. I think his knowledge and expertise will allow us to continue to work with global and to ensure a tighter method of continuity between the officers.
With regard to the US Addenda, I want to clarify a few points:
1. As I understand it, the GIR will also be using the 4XP Longevity Proposal.
2. As I understand it, Canada has stated that they will not require US players to change their sheets in any way when playing in their affiliate.
3. As you can see from the above announcements, making sure that we continue with a global setting and cooperation between affiliates is an important part of this process. We will continue to work together to ensure the global chronicle and setting continues.
4. It was pointed out to me that there is some concern/question about the MES structure and it’s ability to interact with other affiliates. If I misrepresented that point, I want to apologize and correct it here and now. The MES is absolutely able to have cooperative relationships with other affiliates and a global game.
5. Proportional Voting: There are several ideas on the table, such as RST’s get to vote along side the other affiliates. These are being discussed. If you have any ideas that might make the system fair, please send them to me directly or your RST.
6. I stand by my record as being very responsive and attentive to members and their needs/concerns. That being said, I can be overly brief and/or humorous at times in my responses. If this is an issue, I’d like to apologize for any unintentional offense given. That being said, I have set a standard for my staff and myself in that I will not allow this office to get involved in troll threads and flame wars. If I feel the office or myself are being personally attacked, I will not respond. If you are concerned as to whether I’m paying attention, shoot me a private email to follow up. If you have an issue with myself or one of staff, I’m happy to discuss it over mediate it with outside help.
7. List Censorship: There was some concern about some folks believing they were being censored on lists. Part of the issue is that if you are not on us-general and you respond to one of my posts on us-announce, it won’t post. Normally it forwards the post to US-general. Outside of this, I have very little technical knowledge. If this is a real issue, my suggestion would be to contact the list mod of he list in question.
8. There are some issues with things slipping by in the addenda that could potentially wreck global plot. We’re trying very hard to correct these blatant mistakes, but my staff is human. If you see something, please point it out. Send an email. The addenda are being looked at by other affiliates, my staff, and you. We want to make sure the US has the best
game possible, but understand some things need to remain under global purview.
This has been a stressful time for the club, but I believe that we, the US, can come together as a unified group and make the collective choices required to ensure the future of the org that brought us all together.
Thanks for your continued support,