Members of most organizations, in return for the benefits that they receive by belonging to that organization, are expected to act as responsible members within that organization. This is true of the nations in which we live, the companies for which we work, and the schools that we attend. In this, Mind’s Eye Society is no different.
The Code of Conduct is intended to outline the standards that members of Mind’s Eye Society are expected to uphold in order to retain the privileges of membership. Failure to abide by these guidelines may result in suspension or revocation of your membership in Mind’s Eye Society, restrictions to positions you may hold within the club, or loss of earned prestige points.
In an ideal world, members would strive to act with respect for themselves, each other and their communities at all times, resolving problems rather than creating them, and showing care and responsibility for those around them. While we recognize that no member is able to maintain such lofty goals at all times, it should be every member’s intent to strive for this level of excellence at all times.
These standards are not intended to oppose or supersede any law or statute that may be in effect in your area. If a rule in this document conflicts with a legal statute, the statute takes precedence. However, the Code of Conduct set forth still has as much effect as is allowed by the statute.
If a member has violated a legal statute, enforcement of the statute takes precedence. Mind’s Eye Scoiety does not condone violations of law and will cooperate fully with any investigations made by legal authorities. The Code of Conduct should not be used as a substitute for legal action or criminal prosecution, but it may be applied in addition to such action.
Note regarding the Cam-Wiki and the Global Communications Policy
Anything posted here, either as an edit or creation, is fully subject to the Code of Conduct, as this is a “sanctioned medium” as described in the Global Communications Policy, as found in the Membership Handbook, page 13. In order to keep within policy, you will need to add the OOC Bio Template to your userpage.
As a member of Mind’s Eye Society, there are some rules and policies that you should be aware of, including our Code of Conduct; how to formally address conflicts; and how to appeal an officer’s decision.
Code of Conduct
As members of Mind’s Eye Society, we agree to adhere to this Code at all times, particularly during club activities and when communicating with other members:
- We are a group of adults and behave honestly and responsibly. We will use common sense and maturity when involved in club matters. The spirit of the rules is more important to us than the letter of the rules. We will be honest with officers and other members at all times.
- We will make the club a safe and welcoming community. Harassment or discrimination of any type is not tolerated.
- We adhere to all applicable laws when involved in club matters. The law always takes precedence over both the Constitution and this Handbook, including the Code of Conduct. Actions during club functions that break the law may be grounds for club disciplinary action as well as other appropriate legal action.
- Our real life responsibilities always take precedence over club matters. We understand our games are works of fantasy. If the line ever starts to blur, we must stop and speak with a club officer, and take whatever time off from club events is necessary to put things back in proper perspective.
- We are safe during all club activities. For safety reasons, weapons or weapon props, stunting, blood drinking, and other activities a club officer judges likely to cause physical harm are specifically not allowed at events. All physical contact must be consensual.
Other behavior and activities may also be prohibited or regulated by this Handbook.