So, you’ve had a look at the Mind’s Eye Society and it looks like it might be fun. You want to give it a shot, but you’re not sure about paying twenty dollars for a year’s membership? Not a problem. We’d love to have you as a full member, but we also want to give you a chance to make sure it’s right for you.
The Mind’s Eye Society offers an option for those of you who want to come to a few games and give the organization a try before committing to a membership.
This option is called a Trial Membership, and it lasts for a period of up to six months. You’ll be granted many of the privileges of a new member, including the ability to attend all Mind’s Eye Society functions. Trial Memberships are only limited in a few ways, such as losing certain character creation options, and inability to participate in the MES electoral process. The upside is, a Trial Membership is absolutely free for that six month period; we only ask that if you’re still gaming with us after six months, you pay for a full membership.
Sound good? If you’d like to sign up now, you can go right to the Member Portal. Creating an account as a Trial Member will take you only a few minutes.
Sound TOO good? Wondering about those limitations, or if you’re eligible for a trial membership? Take a look at the FAQ below and see if your answer is already there. If not, drop us a line, and we’ll be happy to help.
Give the MES a try! We look forward to gaming with you.
Trial Membership Questions
As a trial member, you’ll get most of the same rights as a new full member. You’ll be able to do all of the following:
- Participate in the LARP division of the Mind’s Eye Society.
- Create a character using the Mind’s Eye Society creation rules and play that character in any local, regional, or national games during the trial period.
- Create characters with options at the Low Approval level.
- Gain Experience Points on their characters in accordance with Mind’s Eye Society Chronicle rules.
- Earn Prestige in accordance with Mind’s Eye Society guidelines.
- Access in-character and out-of-character mailing lists offered to members.
- Access the Members Only Section of the Mind’s Eye Society website.
A Trial Membership does come with a few limitations. Trial members may not do any of the following:
- Vote in Mind’s Eye Society elections.
- Hold a Mind’s Eye Society office.
- Take the Mind’s Eye Society Exams.
- Raise their Member Class (Prestige may be earned, but Member Class will remain at 1 until a full membership is purchased.)
- Apply for Mid, High or Top Approval level character options.